Cerebral palsy (CP) is the result of damage to brain cells. There are several possible causes for this damage to the brain, they include but are not limited to
Asphyxia or Hypoxia -decreased or complete lack of oxygen to the brain.
Umbilical Cord Complications.
Abnormal Fetal Hart Rate.
Stroke- brain hemorrhage .
Rh incompatibility – blood condition causing the mother’s immune cells to attack the fetus. Rh incompatibility often results in the child being jaundice. The doctor should have tested for this.
Jaundice in the child following birth.
Kidney infection, urinary tract infections, rubella, toxoplasmosis and cytomegalovirus ? these infections can lead to brain damage and need to be treated by your doctor.
Physical trauma during pregnancy to the mother.
Erb’s Palsy is caused by damage to the brachial plexus nerves. Damage to these nerves most commonly occurs during delivery. Frequently, the doctor applies excessive force stretching or tearing the nerves after a condition known as shoulder dystocia is encountered.
Shoulder dystocia is an emergency situation where the child’s shoulder will not pass the mothers pelvic bone. When this occurs instead of applying brute force to pull the child the doctor should perform techniques such as the McRobert’s maneuver, cut a deep episiotomy, and/or exert suprapubic pressure etc. to dislodge the shoulder.
Frequently, the doctor should recognize the risk of shoulder dystocia before delivery. For example if the mother is carrying a large child or the child has the potential to become large due to conditions such as gestational diabetes or others. Here, the doctor should recognize the risk for shoulder dystocia and a c-section should be performed to avoid the injury.
In fact there are many instances which occur that should alert the doctor that there is a high risk for the child to encounter shoulder dystocia and a c-section to be performed to avoid injury to the child.
We welcome your comments!
© 2022 The Law Offices of Sheena Rude
- Calabasas accident lawyer News
- Calabasas immigration attorney News
- Calabasas personal injury attorney News
- immigration lawyer in Calabasas
- Los Angeles cannabis lawyer News
- Criminal Misdemeanor Attorneys Vancouver WA
- what type of attorney do I need when police take cash
- Family Lawyer Near Me
- Probate Lawyer Eden Prairie
- DUI Attorney Fort Worth
- personal injury attorney Burbank ca
- family immigration lawyer Houston
- Texas Lemon Law Used Vehicles
- Is Depression a Disability
- Best Auto Accident Attorneys in Charleston
- Orange County personal injury attorney
- Livescan Fingerprinting San Diego
- Deltona Tax Preparation
- Criminal Law Toronto
- Estate Planning Palo Pinto
- Criminal Defense Los Angeles
- Edina Business Lawyer
- Birth Injury Lawyer
- DUI Lawyer Johnson County
- Injury Lawyer Aurora