Higgins Law is a leading personal injury attorney firm in NM with an expert attorney and an unsurpassed legal track record. Our wrongful death attorney in Albuquerque can help you win your wrongful death case and claim reasonable compensation within the shortest duration.
Who can sue for wrongful death?
Only a representative can file a wrongful death claim on behalf of the deceased person's survivors. This representative acts as the executor of the decedent's estate. Immediate family members like spouses, children, and parents can also file a wrongful death case or other peers like:
- Financial dependents
- Putative spouses
- Distant family members such as brothers, sisters, and grandparents
Speak to one of the best personal injury attorneys in Albuquerque, NM, to help you understand the state's wrongful death laws.
What damages to expect in a wrongful death case?
The court will order the defendant to pay you damages for your claimed losses. You can expect the following damages in a New Mexico wrongful death claim include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses incurred on account of the last illness or injury of the deceased person's
- Lost wages
- Financial contributions to the household if the deceased person were alive
- Emotional distress, pain, and suffering caused by the death of a loved one
You may also claim damages for the loss of the deceased person's guidance and counseling. Schedule a consultation with one of the best NM wrongful death attorneys to receive full financial recovery for your losses and damages.
How will a wrongful death attorney help me?
A wrongful death law firm in Albuquerque can improve your chances of recovering reasonable compensation for your losses and damages. Our Albuquerque wrongful death attorney can help you:
- Determine the liable parties - It can be difficult to determine liability in a wrongful death case. In some situations, there may be more than one at-fault party. It is pivotal to name all the at-fault parties in your wrongful death claim to recover the rightful compensation for your losses. An attorney can help you identify and determine all the parties responsible for your loved one's death.
- Gather evidence - You need to prove the defendant's negligence to win your wrongful death lawsuit. Only a skilled attorney can use his team and valuable resources to gather evidence for your case, such as photographs, surveillance camera footage, event data recorder files, medical records, etc. They will also interview witnesses and collect expert testimony to deliver you with a favorable case outcome.
- Reach a settlement - The insurance companies can coerce and manipulate you to settle for a much lesser compensation when you do not have legal representation. The best wrongful death lawyers in New Mexico will protect your interests and negotiate a reasonable settlement for your losses.
Discuss the prospects of your case with our wrongful death attorney in Albuquerque now. Reach us at 505-944-5400 to schedule a free consultation. Higgins Law is a reputed personal injury lawyer with an unrivaled lawyer and a matchless track record. We can help you understand your rights, assist you with the paperwork, and ensure that you receive the maximum compensation for your losses. Get in touch with us today!Wrongful Death Attorney Albuquerque