Sheena Rude is a legal professional who specializes in immigration law and provides assistance to individuals, families, and businesses navigating the complex legal processes related to immigration.
“Immigration law” is a practice area within the broader field of law. It encompasses legal issues and processes related to the movement of people across national borders. Immigration lawyers, also known as immigration attorneys, specialize in this area and handle a variety of matters. Here are some key aspects of the immigration practice area:
- Visa Applications: Immigration lawyers assist individuals and businesses in obtaining various types of visas, such as work visas, student visas, tourist visas, and more. They guide clients through the application process and ensure compliance with the relevant immigration laws.
- Green Cards and Permanent Residency: Lawyers help clients apply for permanent residency, commonly known as a green card. This can involve family-sponsored petitions, employment-based petitions, or other categories depending on the immigration system of the country in question.
- Citizenship: Immigration attorneys can guide individuals through the process of acquiring citizenship or naturalization. This involves meeting certain eligibility requirements, including residency and language proficiency.
- Deportation Defense: Lawyers represent individuals facing deportation (removal) proceedings. They may argue for relief from deportation, challenge the legality of the removal, or help clients seek asylum or other forms of protection.
- Asylum and Refugee Status: Immigration lawyers assist individuals seeking asylum or refugee status due to persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution in their home country. They help prepare and present asylum applications and represent clients in asylum hearings.
- Employer Compliance: For businesses employing foreign workers, immigration lawyers ensure compliance with labor and immigration laws. They may assist with obtaining the necessary work visas for foreign employees.
- Family Reunification: Immigration attorneys help reunite families by navigating the family-sponsored immigration process. This can involve petitions for spouses, children, parents, and other family members.
- Humanitarian Relief: Lawyers may assist individuals in obtaining various forms of humanitarian relief, such as Temporary Protected Status (TPS) or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- Immigration Appeals: If an immigration application is denied, lawyers can file appeals and represent clients in immigration court.
It’s important to note that the specific practice areas and the terminology used may vary based on the legal system of the country in question. Additionally, immigration law is dynamic and subject to changes, so attorneys in this field need to stay informed about updates and developments in immigration policies and laws.