08:00 - 08:00

Our Opening Hours Mon. - Fri.


Call Us For Free Consultation





How to File a Claim for Distracted Driving Accidents: 7 Steps Guide by Law Offices of Sheena Rude

Sheenarude > Criminal  > How to File a Claim for Distracted Driving Accidents: 7 Steps Guide by Law Offices of Sheena Rude

How to File a Claim for Distracted Driving Accidents: 7 Steps Guide by Law Offices of Sheena Rude

Distracted driving accidents have become increasingly prevalent in recent years, often resulting in severe injuries and fatalities. If you’ve been involved in a car accident caused due to a distracted driver, it’s crucial to understand how to file a claim to seek compensation for your damages. 

Here’s a comprehensive guide with expert advice from Sheena Rude’s law office to help you navigate the process:

1. Seek Medical Attention

The first step after a car accident is to seek medical attention for injuries sustained. Even if your injuries seem minor, you must undergo a medical evaluation to document your condition and ensure that you receive appropriate treatment. Your health and well-being should always be the top priority.

2. Report the Accident

Contact local law enforcement to report the accident. A police report will be essential for documenting the details of the crash and establishing liability. Provide the investigating officer with a detailed follow-up of the events leading up to the accident, including any evidence of distracted driving observed, such as texting or using a mobile phone.

3. Gather Evidence

Collecting evidence is essential to support your claim. So, try to take photographic evidence of the accident scene, including the damage to the vehicle, skid marks on the road, and traffic signs. Obtain contact information from witnesses and ask if they saw the other driver engaging in distracted behavior. Also, preserve relevant documentation, such as medical records and repair estimates.

4. Notify Your Insurance Company

One of the most important things you need to do is to contact your insurance provider immediately to report the accident. Provide them with all the necessary information and cooperate fully with their investigation. Remember that insurance companies always try to minimize their liability, so it’s essential to be cautious when communicating with them and seek legal advice if necessary.

5. Consult with Sheena Rude’s Law Office

Consider consulting with Sheena Rude, a car accident attorney who specializes in distracted driving cases. With years of experience representing clients in car accident & personal injury cases, Sheena Rude’s expert team can assess your case, provide you with legal expertise, and guide you through the claims process. They’ll advocate for your rights and work to ensure that you can receive the maximum compensation for your injuries and losses. So, contact LAW OFFICES OF SHEENA RUDE today to schedule a free consultation anytime at 818-658-3700 or 408-676-0410.

6. Negotiate a Settlement

The legal team at Sheena Rude’s law office will try and negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance provider from your side to reach a fair agreement for settlement. They will present evidence of the other driver’s distracted behavior and argue for settlement for all lost income, medical bills, as well as the pain and suffering, you’ve to go through. Sheena Rude’s legal team will prepare to take your case to court if a settlement cannot be reached.

7. File a Lawsuit (If Necessary)

If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiations, Sheena Rude may recommend filing a lawsuit against the negligent driver. A lawsuit may be necessary to pursue total reimbursement for your losses and hold the responsible party accountable. Sheena Rude will represent you in court and fight for your interests throughout the litigation process.


In short, filing a claim for a distracted driving accident can be a complex and challenging process, but with expert guidance from the LAW OFFICES OF SHEENA RUDE, you can protect your rights and seek justice for your injuries. By following these steps and seeking assistance from them, you can navigate the legal system with confidence and work towards obtaining the compensation you deserve. Get in touch with them anytime at 818-658-3700 or 408-676-0410.